Last updated: Aug 7, 2019 | 718 Views | Articles
From 100-Hundread-Baht Mahada’s Butcher to 100-Million-Baht Mahada’s Cosmetic Product
Development of Herbal Cosmetic Product Containing Mahada’s Extract
Due to biological activity of oxyresveratrol, the active compound existed in Mahada’s heartwood, e.g. tyrosinase inhibition, anti-oxidation, anti-glycation, and ant-aging, this lead to the development of cosmetic product containing Mahada’s heartwood extract. Desirable properties such as whitening and reducing wrinkles, had been expected in this cosmetic product.
Conclusion: Development of Mahada’s Cosmetic Product As Achieved by Medicinal Plant Research Institute, Department of Medical Science.
• Development of preparative extraction from Mahada’s heartwood.
• Safety and quality assurance of oxyresveratrol containing in the extract.
• Development of cosmetic product’s prototypes, and stability studies as well.
• Clinical trials in volunteers, emphasizing in safety and efficiency.
• Examples of cosmetic product’s prototypes: all-in-one serum, mineral spray, and night cream.
Clinical Trial of All-in-One Serum
Clinical trial of “All-in-One Serum”, had been conducted in 22 volunteers (ages between 40 and 61 years, and average ages of 54 years), and operated by Dermscan Company’s team.
• Product’s Safety had been performed by patch test, as monitored on irritating effects on volunteers’ skin applied.
• Product’s Efficiency was studied within a 56-day course. To each volunteer, the product had introduced to apply two-time a day (morning and evening). Volunteer’s skin health had been monitored following before and after application.
Results & Conclusion:
To the results as evaluated in 22 volunteers within a 56-day course, it’s clearly confirmed that “All-in-One Serum” exhibited its efficiency in reducing wrinkles, whitening, and compacting towards volunteers’ skin applied. Whereas, no irritating effect was not observed. This cosmetic product dominates itself in Thai identity, and internationally standardized manufacturing process. Due to research value and potential to be implied in industrial production, Department of Medical Science initiated the policy “innovation transferring to interested entrepreneurs for commercial purpose”. This would serve Thai people needs and competitive potential of the country, responding to the government policies